Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Meal Prepping

Meal prepping is all the rage today. More than ever before, it takes both parents working, full time, to survive. We parents are exhausted! We do not want to get up crazy early to make lunches for every person in our household! We also, after a long day of work, do not want to come home and spend hours in the kitchen cooking. This is why most parents grab fast food on their way to and from school and/or work.

I feel devoting a couple of hours on a Sunday evening to meal prepping has helped me TONS!

–> Please keep in mind: SOME MEALS YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT PREP!!!! Also, it is important to keep in mind what you are prepping. Some food items should not be kept longer than a few days after preparation.

SALADS

Salads are a crazy easy meal prep recommendation from myself. You literally throw in some lettuce and the toppings you love. I purchased reusable bowls with lids (set of 8) and disposable condiment cups (set of 50) for less than $10! I make five on Sunday evening, and am good all week long!




CASSEROLES

Casseroles are such an easy meal prep! BUT, you must keep in mind what you are prepping. I never keep chicken for more than two days once prepped. You could even leave the meat OUT and add the meat IN the day you are ready to cook it…?



HAVE A SET CALENDAR

Having a set schedule for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner saves you a massive headache! I only set my dinner schedule. My kids always want the same thing for breakfast and lunch….smh….

By having a set dinner schedule, I save on groceries, time, and energy. I know exactly what I need to buy at the grocery store, which saves me from buying unnecessary items.








No comments:

Post a Comment